M.Sc. in Health Informatics
The M.Sc. in Health Informatics is a 2 year program that integrates knowledge from informatics, healthcare, health information technology and other disciplines to analyze and protect patient data, increase healthcare efficiencies and produce higher quality patient care and enhance research.
Students will take prerequisite courses and these courses will be tailored depending on the background of the student. Students with an IT background will have foundation classes on medical related courses while students with medical field background will have foundation information technology courses.
One semester in the first year will involve students taking core courses.
In the second year, students will take elective course that will be tailored depending on their background. Those with a medical background will undertake IT related elective courses while those with IT background will undertake medical related elective courses.
In this year, students will also undertake their research.
To develop appropriately trained individuals to meet the health informatics needs for the East African region. Our Masters program provides our graduates the critical competencies needed to truly serve the diverse country and regional needs in Health Informatics.
How to apply
Advertisements will be placed in the dailies with specific instructions on how to apply for the masters program.
- Meet the common Moi University Graduate Studies and Moi University School of Medicine entry requirements as they refer to Master of Medicine programmes
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree in the human health sciences or a bachelor in computing/information sciences:
- Bachelor’s degree in the human health sciences – examples include medicine human/ nursing, pharmacy, publish health dentistry, radiography, biomedical laboratory or related degrees.
- Bachelor’s degree in computing – examples include information technology, computer science, information systems, software engineering. This also includes related degrees such as mathematics, statistics, engineering and geography.
3. Candidates with demonstrated interest or experience in health or computing such as working experience in health field or program, short course training, and consultancy will be preferred
|http://fieldandfire.com/bread/ 1st Semester (16 credit units)|
|MME 801||Innovative Medical Education|
|PHM 801||Principles of Management and Health Systems|
|MMR 801||Research Methods|
|HII 811||Introduction to Healthcare and Health Systems|
|HII 812||Principles of Public Health|
|HII 813||Introduction to Information Technology|
|HII 814||Information System Development|
|look at here 2nd Semester (16 credit units)|
|HIC 811||Foundations of Health Informatics|
|HIC 822||Health Information Systems|
|HIC 823||Health Information Standards and Terminology|
|HIC 824||Clinical Decision Support, Ontologies and Workflow|
|HIC 825||Scientific Writing and Grantsmanship|
|MMP 999||Research Project Design and Implementation (Thesis)|
|3rd Semester (10 credit units)|
|HIC 831||Enterprise Architecture for Health Information Systems|
|HIC 832||Law and Governance in Health Informatics|
|Elective courses (2 courses only)|
|HIE 831||Public Health Informatics|
|HIE 832||Security in Health Systems|
|HIE 833||Advanced Programming|
|HIE 834||Health Analytics|
|HIE 835||Clinical Informatics|
|4th Semester (15 credit units)|
|HIP 841||Health Informatics Practicum|